Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Preview's BARBIE Ball

It was Preview Magazine's Best Dressed Ball once again last June 26, Friday at White Space in Makati and this time people did their own versions of Mantel's Barbie and Ken. Big waves and bold colored tutus were everywhere--Barbie's signature style--and the men came in suits of different cuts and colors as Ken would have donned had he attended the event. I came in my vintage silver frock from my pre-graduation fashion show circa 2004 (yes, that piece I would never sell, not even to save my life!)

Each Preview Ball is jam packed with all the big names present in the industry. Food amazing, drinks overflowing. The Best Dressed chicas were all so deserving in my humble opinion. Congrats to my friend Divine Lee for making it to this year's list! Love the Lanvins too!

And now onto the photos!



PRETTY PALS: Bibai Gaisano, Angela Alarcon (as KEN! I love her look!) and Rachelle Que



Lotho!



Preview Best Dressed alumna Daryl Chang in Cary Santiago. Ain't she fab?



My sissies Eric and Jerome with their muses Kim and Boop Yap.



Mareng Tina daniac with her leggy muses Xtina and Ria Bolivar.



My fashion darlings Bea Panopio (in John Paras), the designer a.k.a. mareng John and yours truly.



Sistas united once again: Veejay, Regine Dulay, Catherine Cavilte and me



Vavva Verushkha in my Fashion Week Holiday 09 gray ruffle cotton number.



FIERCE IN PINK: Direk Robby Carmona



Patrick Galang has arrived!



Talented sibs Liz and Vince Uy with Raymond Gutierrez.



The Best Dressed 2009



Marc Nicdao & Liz Uy



Sidney Yap's fash pack (adore his Joey Samson reversible jacket!)



With my mares Chris Diaz, Joel Escober and Regine Dulay.



EDLS with the beautiful Anne Curtis Smith



I will die for Andre's Joel gloves!



My Kens Eric and Jerome :)



Siiiii Mareeeeeeee! "It" designer MARTIN BAUTISTA!


OK now I'm late for another big night with my sissies. Gotta bolt!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....White Space in Makati and this time people did their own versions of Mantel's Barbie and Ken.....

Hello I can't help but notice but the correct name is "Mattel" and not "Mantel". :-).

Nice blog. Fantastic pictures. lovbe it!

czarinavilla said...

LMAO! Oops sorry, I was trying to remember if it was Mattel or Mantel and went for the latter. Haha! Thank you for the correction. :-)

Rose said...

Hello,

I wanted to inquire about a dress that Shaina Magdayao wore on The Buzz last Sunday. I think she thanked you for it. Please email me at sanjuan.rose@gmail.com

Thanks!

Rose