Monday, August 18, 2008

Love Is In the Air


Been seeing diamond/s set on white gold (or titanium) on a lot of my girlfriend's fingers these days, thus affirming my belief that (true) love is in the air.


I was onto my 4th engagement party for the month of August when I realized how much my social calendar has changed. When I was 17 or 18, it was about debuts and proms. At 21 and 22, I went to friends' college graduations. Now at 25, it's all about engagement parties, weddings, christenings and kids' birthdays. Wat's next, kids' graduations? I am officially old.


Today is a Sunday and I had just spent the whole day watching DVDs and having dinner with the family. And I can't help but realize that everyone around me is building families of their own now as well. It's elating, knowing that my long time friends and I have been there for eachother through it all and I will still be a part of another chapter in their lives. Someday I too will tie the knot but right now I can only be happy for my girls who are lucky enough to find true love in this crazy world. It makes me realize miracles still do come true. I found mine and will someday follow their steps. But until then I'll be here cheering you on from the bleachers, ready to support you in your new life ahead.

Congratulations to all my engaged (and newly wed) chicas. You know who you are. :-)

No comments: